One of the most powerful ways to setup your marketing for success is by understanding your own positioning.
According to Wikipedia – Positioning refers to the place that a brand occupies in the mind of the customer and how it is distinguished from products from competitors.
For myself, my positioning will be as a digital marketing strategist who is behind the marketing campaigns of top real estate producers.
(although technically, I have done similar work for other industries.)
If you are a real estate agent, what would be your positioning?
- A salesperson who is looking out for the next deal to earn a commission. ABC – Always Be Closing is the mantra
- An order-taker who is waiting for enquiries to come in so that hopefully those enquiries can convert to a sale. “So what is your order? Would you like the top floor or the mid-floor unit?”
- A consultant or advisor who is looking to add value first before selling. Sharing valuable knowledge and past experience to grow awareness and build credibility.
Motivation Versus Friction
Every time someone fills up form or send you a private message / whatsapp – with a strong intention to meet you – it is a conversion that you can measure.
Why do total strangers make a decision to meet you?
All of us want our problems solved and our desires fulfilled.
Maybe we were thinking of the problem or the desire when we came to the site, or maybe not.
Either way, strangers can convert into leads when the hope for a solution is stronger than the fear that they’ll be disappointed.
Hope for Solution Overrides the Fear of Disappointment
So there are two factors at work: One is pulling them toward conversion, and the other is friction that is pushing them away.
Which force is stronger?
If the motivation is stronger than the friction, the stranger converts, meeting their goals and yours.
- Compelling content
- And a few others
- Lack of trust
- Weak content
- And a few others
Take a look at your own marketing – which feelings or perceptions have you built or in the current process of building?
With digital marketing, you can shape the online image you wish to build and grow.
But it requires long-term thinking and being strategic so your marketing dollars and efforts are not wasted.
For some people, getting leads might be easy. But the problem is getting quality leads.
Quality leads are leads that are:
- Open to listening to you (already warm)
- Likely to be already pre-sold
- Contacts you for an appointment rather than the other way around
Interested to know more on the digital marketing strategies to achieve quality leads for your real estate business?
I will be running my class on 14 May 2018 before I take a 3 months break from teaching. (The next class will be on 25 September 2018) (The next class will be on 17 December 2018)
(The next class will be on 23 April 2019)
>> Alternatively, you can book a 1-to-1 consultation here.